Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sadly there is nothing funny to report. However I'm happy to say that I have survived two weeks as a Kindergarten teacher. Phew, it's been rough, but I'm hanging in there. As the third week for me has started the kids are starting to get adjusted to their second teacher this year, the new routine and school in general. Granted at least a hundred times a day I hear "so and so did this" or "is it lunch time yet" or "what are we having for snack" or "is it time to go home yet". Man I didn't think teaching would be such a chore. There is a reason I like the older kids better, they don't talk as much!!!


The curriculum is foreign to me, but it is laid out really well. It's easy to follow and once I find all the necessary materials it'll get easier. Somewhere between the actual Kindergarten teacher and the first long term sub things got mixed up, misplaced, or just shoved in a corner. It is now my job to actually find everything. On a positive note, I finally found the posters I needed two weeks ago!!! Lucky me!

There are two other teachers that I've worked with in the past on my Kindergarten team. It's nice having  familiar faces to ask questions to. I still feel absolutely stupid every time I do, but heck, oh well, it's my first time teaching K. The literacy coach at the school I worked for A LOT last year is also there so being able to bounce ideas off her is super helpful. 

I'm enjoying it overall. I'm enjoying the pay raise even more. Of course once I'm done with this job I get a pay reduction, not so fun. But I should be able to buy myself a new computer by the end of the school year!! Yay.

0 comments: