Of course it doesn't fail, school is about to start and something happens.
Imagine if you will spending two weeks practically killing ones self in order to get everything ready to teach first grade. You have that mental picture set? Good. Now imagine it is 3 pm the afternoon before your kids are to walk into your classroom for the first day of school. Then imagine your principal walking into your room and telling you that you are no longer teaching first grade, but rather teaching kindergarten.
This is exactly what happened to me Wednesday afternoon. Our numbers were not what we were expecting in the various grade levels so many teachers were moved around and shuffled to different grade levels, asked to move classrooms, and even move schools. It was chaos. Organized chaos, but chaos none-the-less.
I am fortunate enough however to have another week to reset up my classroom. I get to meet with my students one on one to assess them before they all come next Thursday. I've met quite a few already and I'm getting very excited to get the school year started with them.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Sweet Irony
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment